Friday, June 03, 2011

Getting Help

It's hard work, learning how to hone your craft. That's why I'm going to a conference this fall. You see, on Wednesday I finished Wyrm Fiend again. Now I'm rewriting my query. Even though I have an idea of what I want to say, and I'm certain that I'll be able to craft a quality query letter, I know I need to take some classes on how to write a query.

There's a wealth of information on the internet, and it's helpful. Really helpful. But I learn better in a classroom-type environment. There aren't any magic solutions that will instantly get me a request for more pages from an agent. It still requires hard work on my part. I just don't know what to do to make my query pop.

I've said it before: it's important to ask for help when you need it. That's what I'm doing with this conference. And if there's anything you ever need help with, especially in your writing, find a group who can help you.


As you can see, I haven't been able to fix the sidebars on the blog, so here's the link to the current Charity of the Month. It's Samaritan's Purse. Please go to their site and donate to their US Disaster Relief program so that the families in Middle America who have been torn apart by floods and tornadoes can start to get back on their feet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Giles! Very good advice. I will be attending my first YA workshop this month. I finally joined a writers association as well. It's important to give and receive help in all areas of writing, including the marketing and promotion.

    ReplyDelete