Monday, June 06, 2011

Random Thoughts

A lot of tense emotions filled the internet this weekend in response to a Wall Street Journal article about YA fiction. I have several thoughts on that article as well, but I need to do a lot of research. I can tell you, though, that my point of view does not conform to the responses that filled my twitter screen on Sunday. Sure I agree with some of their points, but the issue is bigger than those opinions. At least from where I sit.

It's been quite a weekend for me. I didn't get any time to just sit around and do nothing. That's good and bad. On the one hand, I got to work a LOT, which means I get to pay my bills.


On the other hand, I didn't get to take the time to work on my blog layout. I also spent the ENTIRE weekend tired, sore, and out of the house. But a good deal of it got spent with my wife, so that's great, too :D
If you haven't seen it yet, go see the new X-men movie. It's awesome. I saw it yesterday, and I'm thoroughly impressed. The acting is solid, the characters are engaging, and the plot leaves little to be desired (unlike X3 and Wolverine).
Again, I ask that you head over to Samaritan's Purse to donate to their US Relief Fund. We still have a lot of tornado and flood victims out there who need help putting their lives back together.
Have a great week. I'll see you on Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I almost saw that movie this weekend. I guess I'll have to catch it next weekend. I was debating on whether it would be good or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good. My wife and I really enjoyed it. And everything about it was so much better than Wolverine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the x-men movie the first weekend because my kids insisted. It was good. Not a lot of surprises, though--which is what thrills me.

    I agree that acting was good. I loved seeing Kevin Bacon and I thought the two leading men did a great job. All the actors did, in fact.

    I wonder why it wasn't in 3D. It would have been more fun.

    ReplyDelete