Monday, July 04, 2011

God Bless America!

Today is the two-hundred-thirty-fifth anniversary of the day that our fore-fathers declared their independence from the British government. This country has made mistakes along the way, but as a whole, this is one of the greatest nations on earth.

I'm proud of this country. I'm speechless. I've tried to continue my train of thought into something coherent, but all I can come up with is "I'm proud of my country." Sure this country has made mistakes, and we're working toward rectifying many of those. We're not perfect, but this nation has done a lot of good around the world. I'm proud of those accomplishments. From the victory over the Nazis to the relief efforts in Haiti, from the Emancipation Proclamation to the Bill of Rights. This day is a day to celebrate our freedom. From the freedom to practice whatever lifestyle you choose, to the freedom to speak out for and against our government.

This nation is divided about what direction we should head, but today let's celebrate what we have in common: this great nation that allows us to live our lives, give us liberty, and leave us to the pursuit of happiness.

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment