Monday, July 18, 2011

Making Progress

I think I finished my Query. I'll look it over again on my lunch break, and if I like it, I'll start re-writing my synopsis. I have the query up on the forums again, but I don't expect to hear back from any of them. It seems like the help only shows up on newish query letters or those that need LOTS of help. Not that that's a big deal: I'm still making progress!

I managed to get up close to on time, too. That makes me REALLY happy, and I'm excited for the day. It's going to be busy at work, but this is going to be a much easier week. This is encouraging because I get to return to my routine without feeling like I'm going to fall asleep in my cereal bowl.

So here's my question for you: what keeps you from working on your projects, and what are you doing to make time to work on them anyway?

2 comments:

  1. I procrastinated editing, but I push myself to get through them somehow. I spend the weekends with my children, so I devote nights after work to my writing. It's not easy, but I manage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda, when you have a day job and/or family, dedicating time to writing can be difficult. I feel like I barely have enough time and energy to write as much as I want, I have NO idea how you manage with children! I applaud you :)

    ReplyDelete