Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More Wednesday Wanderings

I hate synopses. They're no fun to write. I write them, and I do the best I can, and I truly understand their purpose. I just don't like them. I'm convinced that, no matter where I go with my writing career, synopses are going to be a major part of my future. I don't see any way around it. I just need to learn how to get better with the outlines while figuring out how to enjoy the process.

It's exhausting at work these days. We've been trying to catch up from the last two weeks. It's good because I'm REALLY getting my bills paid, and I'm building up my savings again. I'm just ready for a slow week so I can get more writing done.

I've done pretty well with my schedule, but there have been a few hiccups. I want a day to catch up on some stuff.

I'd like to say that I'll have more to talk about later, but chances are I'll be working all day. I should have time to respond to any comments, though.

Questions: how do you avoid distraction when you have a project to finish? What steps do you take to make sure you remain on schedule? And do you use that distraction as a reward for yourself?

2 comments:

  1. I was just having problems with this all last week. I got stricter and turned off all social media stuff for a while and it helped. I also weeded the garden, which lifted an annoying guilty feeling that was preventing me from writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good questions...As long as I'm doing something that needs to be done, I don't have as much guilt. It's with all the other things I do that aren't writing that I feel guilt heavy

    ReplyDelete