Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Wednesday Wanderings

I like raspberries. And raspberry preserves. Both of my grandfathers had raspberry bushes in their backyards, and I got to pick fresh berries and eat them on a regular basis. I loved it! The seeds in preserves remind me of my childhood, and that's one of my favorite memories. I know it's kinda random, but that's how I feel today.

My brother paid me a big compliment. He said he liked my book. Why is that a big compliment? Because he doesn't read. He just doesn't do it. And when he does, it has to be a book that he really likes. Take that however you like. I'm my own biggest critic, so I don't know if I completely agree with him. At the same time, though, every time I read through my book for revisions, I enjoy it. It's a book I would genuinely like to own.

I enjoy bowling. I'm not good at it, I don't do it very often, but it's fun. I'm going to take my wife out to go bowling tonight. This is the last week in her summer break. She heads back to work on Monday to prepare the school for kids to show up soon. But we've been able to spend a good deal of time together. We went to Ikea on Monday, and that was a lot of fun. I don't know if we'll buy much stuff there, but some of it was cool. I can kind of understand the hype, too.

So... that's about all that's running around in my head right now. Time to eat lunch.

While you're here, go click on the Samaritan's Purse link to your right. Please give to their Kenya Food Relief fund. Save a starving child.

No comments:

Post a Comment