Monday, August 29, 2011

Working

I'm toiling away on a new project! That excites me. I love new projects, especially those books that come with inspiration rather than getting forced out through shear determination. As I've said before, the book I'm querying right now was a story that I "forced" into existence. I knew I needed a new book, so I sat down and wrote one.

This one came with inspiration. At a time when I wasn't planning on writing a new book. I wanted to focus on getting my current project represented and published, but since I have time to do both, I'm going to.

I have to get to the Day Job today, so that leaves me very little time to work on my writing. Since this is a short post, go over to Samaritan's Purse (link to the right) and donate to their famine relief fund! If you feel so inclined, they have US disaster relief, as well. Many people hit by Irene will need some help putting their lives back in order. Samaritan's Purse can help. We only have today and Wednesday in this month's blog schedule, so on Friday I'll have a new charity.

12 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to start working on a new project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New projects are great! And thanks for linking to that charity. A lot of people need help after that hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New projects are awesome! Especially when they start writing themselves. ;-)

    Good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your new project. I love starting the new ones, especially when it's like you described. Where do you get your best ideas? Mine always just hit me out of the blue when I'm doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Giles! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I gave you a Shout-Out today! :)

    Good luck on your query!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't a new project just squeezably delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  7. New projects are the best. Hope you can squeeze the time in to work on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well good gracious me, welcome to each and every one of you! :D

    Thanks everyone for stopping by, I'll do my best to steadily drop by all of your blogs! Too bad I have this pesky day job to get in the way of forging new friendships with all of you :D

    Jennifer - I get my ideas from lots of places, from traditions in ancient cultures, to GRRM's A Game of Thrones (though the project that was inspired by GRRM is absolutely NOTHING like his work. It just got my creative juices flowing). I can't say that my ideas come from one place, and I'm learning how to create inspiration rather than waiting for it. I know that if I ever want to succeed as a professional, I'll have to figure out how to forge stories on a deadline, rather than waiting for the muse to strike :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, good luck on the new project. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Giles!!
    YAY for that new project of yours! I LOVE it, just love it, when books comes to me instead of me searching fro them, lol.

    The last book I wrote was kind of like that. I dreamed about it! And miraculously I remembered! (That has happened to me only once!)

    Good luck with this, and with the querying too! And btw, thx for stopping by my blog today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing goes way fast when I'm inspired rather than forced. I still have one "simmering". Not sure when I'll get to it.

    ReplyDelete