I guess I got tagged in a meme. The delightful Wendy Terrien (who I met at the RMFW conference over the weekend) tagged me, so go check out her blog, and then read my random facts.
1. I love Southern Food. I grew up traveling across the country, and we spent a good deal of time in Tennessee, South Carolina, and other states in or near The South. Sure, gourmet cuisine is great, but sometimes I just want cornbread with maple syrup, biscuits and gravy, mashed potatoes, pork butts and beans, and fried chicken.
2. I hate chicken on the bone. It's a waste of my time. I don't want to try to figure out which parts of the food are edible, and which ones are just chewy fat that I'm going to spit out after I nearly choke on it. Fry it up after you've cut it up.
3. I LOVE spam with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese on a sourdough english muffin.
4. I actually like English food. A solid English Breakfast, Bangers and Mash, Shepherd's Pie, I love it! And no, it's not boiled to death!
5. The only authentic French food I've ever eaten is a can of Fois Gras my friend Gabe bought for me when he was in France on his honeymoon.
6. I want to learn to make my own beer. Homebrewing is something I've wanted to do for almost a year now. I think it would be fun, and I know I would enjoy sampling the product, even if it sucked :).
7. I'm more obsessed with politics than I am with food, but I try not to talk about it unless I really know the person I'm conversing with.
8. I'd rather spend $5k on an awesome kitchen in my "dream house" than $1k on the "coolest bedroom ever!" A bedroom is for sleeping, but food brings family and friends together! You gotta have a great place to cook.
9. Part of me wishes I could eat out more to sample the best cuisine the world has to offer, but most of the time I'd rather cook it myself. There's just something about creating a product from scratch. That's why I want to make haggis with a friend of mine.
10. And you're not going to believe this: I only weigh 155 lbs. No matter how hard I try (and I REALLY try) I can't gain any more weight. And most of that weight is lean muscle. Only in the last year have I shown signs of a bit of "flab." That's mostly from not working full time in the warehouse. Part time gives me more time to sit on my rear.
I don't think I'm going to tag anyone, just because many of the bloggers I know don't have the free time to read my blog AND put together a blog in response to this one. But if you DO write one, post a link in the comments!