Friday, September 02, 2011

Charity of the Month: Gary Sinise Foundation

This month I want to point all of you, my readers, to the Gary Sinise Foundation.  Many of you know Gary Sinise as the protagonist in Mission to Mars.  Actually, come to think of it, most of you know him better as Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump.

For more than 30 years, Gary Sinise has been working with Military Servicemen and Servicewomen and Military Veterans.  He's given a great deal of his time and money to programs to honor, inspire, and take care of the many needs of the soldiers who give their lives to the defense of our great country.  There's a great, in-depth history of the organization and Sinise's history with the military on the foundation's website, but I think it's important for all of you to know how much he's given to our nation's heroes.

With the 10th anniversary of one of the most horrific acts of terrorism in the world taking place this month, I want to highlight another group that tries to meet the needs of our soldiers.  I have many friends in the armed forces, and both of my grandfathers served in the Korean war.  And as many of my regular readers know, this isn't the first organization that I've highlighted that takes care of soldiers and their families.


We've been at war for almost a decade, and our neighbors, our brothers, sisters, friends, fathers, and mothers are sacrificing their time and their lives to keep us safe.  Regardless of how you feel about this war, please honor that sacrifice and donate to an organization that does so much good for this American Family.

Have a great Labor Day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great organization. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet even more know him from CSI: New York

    ;-)

    Good to know about the foundation though, I always knew he did military support stuff, but this is even netter.

    ReplyDelete