Friday, September 16, 2011

Meeting with an editor?

I always wanted to know how to write a book, and when I ran across this show, I finally learned what meetings with editors look like.  I desperately want to succeed in publishing just so I can have these types of meetings.  (And for those of you who accuse me of sarcasm, I'm not kidding.  I genuinely want to get published, and I look forward to meeting with my agent and editor to discuss changes that need to be made to my manuscript.  That's part of the biz, after all.)

Enjoy!  Have a great weekend.  I'll be back on Monday.


9 comments:

  1. Loved it! Thanks for sharing that... well, not that, but something like that. I'm making sense, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - evidently my MS needs work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily, the editor I'm working with is right on board with me. So she's either really good, or completely insane. You know, when I've gotten critique like that, and I have, it makes me question my story. If my story is solid, people have a hard time offering up dodgy advice. They still do it, but they have a harder time doing it. In the end, us writers gotta trust our inner voice. And add sex and death in the first chapter of every book we write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed that this evening. Too funny. Have a good weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so great! I'm still laughing. I do know what you mean though. I look forward to these things too. Well, not these things, but you know... LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, excellent - love Mitchell and Webb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha....yes, not this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *grin* Very fun! Hope you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, oh, I am dying laughing. I absolutely have to steal this. Hee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete