Monday, September 12, 2011

Post-Conference Haze

The RMFW conference this weekend was awesome.  I met a ton of great people, and in the days to come I'll point you to their blogs (if they have any).  I spent a good deal of time yesterday collecting my thoughts and preparing to follow up on contacts I made.  Not only did I find a few contacts, I truly made some new friends.  I look forward to working with them, reading their work, and sharing that work with you in the future!

I learned a lot, too.  Stuff that may move my career forward at a faster pace than I realized was possible.  I'll talk about that more in the future, too.  Like I said, I'm still collecting my thoughts.  It's been an amazing couple of weeks, what with the campaign and this conference.  I'm so delighted to meet so many new people.  It's one of the reasons I want to be a writer!

If I had a month to put together a proper post, I'd tell you all about my weekend, but I only have a few minutes.  So instead I'll point you to a few blogs that you absolutely must read.

Go check out agent Vickie Motter, Weronika Janczuk, and of course Janet Reid.

Writers you should be watching: Hanna C. Howard, Patricia Stoltey, and David Powers King.  There are dozens upon dozens of people I would love to recommend to you, but start there.  I'll have some more for you soon.

Also, make sure you head over to the Gary Sinise Foundation and donate.  They're our Charity of the Month, and they do such great work for our men- and women-at-arms.

8 comments:

  1. Spotlighing agents and writers. Very cool. I follow David's blog so I totally agree he's a Must Follow. I'll check out the others as well.

    Glad you had a great time at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following you on this journey...it was nice meeting you on Friday. Sorry I couldn't hang out for the whole event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you had an awesome experience. I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronald, it was great to meet you! I hope I can make it to Pike's Peak Writers Conference in the spring.

    Jessica, I'm looking forward to sharing everything :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to attend and bring back lots of valuable information. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to learn more... And you're making me want to attend a conference :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conferences are energizing alright. Glad you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it sounds like it was really incredible. Those are all great agent links. Also Rachelle Gardner has a really great and helpful blog.

    http://www.rachellegardner.com/

    ReplyDelete