Friday, October 21, 2011

Meltdown impending...

I have a lot going on, much of which is going to send me into a downward spiral of self-pity, self-doubt, and a generally bad attitude.  Most of this is because I'm overworked (I've been so busy at work I don't even feel rested when I get a full day off with eight hours of sleep two nights in a row).  Plus I have that book I'm beta-reading (which is awesome and still exciting!), the books I committed to/want to review, and the crit. group.

To top that off, I'm trying to step up my writing career.  That's taking a lot of energy, time, and effort.  Some information I'm waiting to receive is probably going to make a lot of work for me which means setting aside my WiP (and that's actually good because I'll have the opportunity to outline it which will remove some of my stress).

But more than that, I've had pain in my right shoulder for over a week.  I don't know what I did to it, so I don't know how to make it go away.  It's not impeding my ability to function, but it's bad enough that I'm constantly distracted.  This is stressing me out a bit, too.  I don't know if I need to see a doctor, get a serious massage, or a chiropractor.

Plus some stuff in my personal life that's been driving me nuts for over six months is coming to a head.

Sorry for the vent, and I'm sorry I don't have anything meaningful or funny for you all to read today.  But I figured I owed an explanation as to why my posts are so inconsistent in quality lately.  I don't know when this is going to change.  I'm learning to deal with it like a mature adult, but it's going to be a while before I can say I've settle back in to the routine.

Back to lighthearted discussions on Monday.  I hope your weekend is more relaxing than mine will be (I have writing, work, a late-night pick up, and a birthday dinner to go to.  I'm excited, but I'm going to be exhausted).

8 comments:

  1. Deep breaths. A day at a time. Deep breaths. Insert "buck-up cliche" speech here. Joy in the struggle. That's the trick.

    Aaron
    www.aaronmritchey.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I know what you mean :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need to get it out and then you'll feel better. You should try acupuncture. I haven't done it, but I hear it's great for both the pain and the stress.

    Try and enjoy the weekend, Giles, even if it's going to be a busy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Miranda. I'll do what I can to enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I know a GREAT acupuncturist if you want to give it a try. She's done good stuff for both me and Kevin (hubby).

    And if that doesn't work, I know an amazing shaman. Seriously. Miracle worker. Seriously.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, I already have a doctor's appointment, but thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the pain in your shoulder goes away . . .

    Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about venting, it's refreshing to read about someone else with problems! (Not that I have a LOT of problems, I just mean... you know. We're all here for you!) I hope it gets better for you. Only way to go is up... so they say...

    ReplyDelete