Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Charity of the Month: Child's Play

I love Child's Play!  They donate video games and VG systems to hospitals.  They do board games, too, and hospitals can sign up for their own wishlists that Child's Play donors can then donate to the hospitals.  I know it's November, but Child's Play has started their annual holiday drive.  Since Christmas is next month, I wanted to highlight this charity to give everyone the chance to donate some Christmas Cheer in time for kids who are stuck in the hospital to receive it.

This charity is actually run by the men who created Penny Arcade.  They're avid gamers and essentially created the video-game-centered webcomic.  They've been drawing comics since 1998, I believe, and they've turned their business into an industry!  They have web-tv shows, a comic, of course, this charity, and they run one of the biggest geek conventions in the country, if not the world!

So please go donate and help these young men cheer up some sick kids in hospitals across this country.

3 comments:

  1. This is a unique charity. Sometimes, we can foget that kids on hospitals still want to have fun too.

    Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I read this today. What a great project. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I like these guys. They don't have a ton of money, but they use what they have to help out other people. It's great! :D

    ReplyDelete