Monday, December 19, 2011

Favorite Christmas Music

I worked in retail for nearly four years, and in that time I heard the worst of the worst Christmas music that the music industry has to offer.  I don't know why the music industry and the retail industry both insist on thrusting whiny, screaming R&B and Soul singers who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket down our throats when we COULD be listening to Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Vince Guaraldi Trio, Celtic Woman, and the many artist out there who DON'T want me to shove needles in my ears and forks in my eyes.  Seriously, the Jackson 5 Christmas songs are PAINFUL to listen to.

So let's share some favorite Christmas albums here today.  I'll start.

Vince Guaraldi Trio's CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS
The Celtic Woman Christmas album
Chicago's Christmas albums
and pretty much anything by Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.

What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit old school with my favorites. I love two songs in particular:
    Donnie Hathaway - This Christmas
    The Temptations - Silent Night

    Then again, I prefer limiting the amount of Christmas music thrust my way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce Cockburn's Christmas Album is just about the only Christmas music I can handle this time of year. Nine years of working in retail have pretty much killed all enjoyment I may have had for the Genre.

    On an unrelated note, this year "Feliz Navidad" is stalking me.

    ReplyDelete