Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Five Books You Should Buy for Christmas

So with our festive theme this week, I want to recommend five books that you should buy either for yourself or a friend/family member for Christmas.

Kiersten White's SUPERNATURALLY.  This is a great book by a great author, and I STRONGLY recommend that you go pick up that book.  Or enter to win it here.

Veronica Roth's DIVERGENT.  I haven't read this one yet, but my wife (who LOVES YA Fiction) thought this was one of the best books to come out this year.  I'm GOING to read it, but I think all of you should go get it, too.

Gail Carriger's HEARTLESS.  I've discussed this book before, I've reviewed all of Carriger's books.  You REALLY need to read this series.

I know this is an older book, but Suzanne Collins' HUNGER GAMES trilogy is a MUST read.  If you know anyone who hasn't read it (and that's still possible), remedy the situation.

If you're looking for a series or two, go pick up anything or everything by Jim Butcher.  He's a great author, he knows how to engage the reader, and he'll make you laugh.

What are your recommendations for the year?

3 comments:

  1. I've read one of Butcher's, Carringer's, and the entire Hunger Games series by Collins. Good suggestions. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an author, Andrew Smith, that I have heard some good things about. He wrote The Marbury Lens and Stick...both I believe came out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started Daughter of Smoke & Bone, and I'm fairly certain I'm going to have to buy it for several people now!

    ReplyDelete