Friday, January 20, 2012

Cleanup

For a while, now, I've been concerned about some of the pictures I posted on my blog.  I know they're not inappropriate, but I had some concerns about sourcing.  I was 98% certain that those pictures that I removed were public domain.  I try to do my research.  But I never really thought about double-checking or linking back to my sources.   I NEVER want to plagiarize.  Most readers would look at this blog and realize those pictures don't belong to me, but I don't want anyone to think that I stole them.

Since I don't remember where I got the pictures, I removed them.  And since some of them were part of a joke that I wrote for the post they appeared in, I deleted a few posts.  I left up pictures that belong to me, and I left in videos that link back to their original source.

So that's my big news for the week.  I cleaned up my blog.  I may go back a few years and start removing old posts, too.  I'm not sure how much of those posts get read, and many of them are the ramblings of a young man who didn't know how to write yet.

Have a great weekend.  See you Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. At least you're trying. That counts in my book. I always try to contact the right's owner, and if they allow me to use their material, give them a link back. They're usually very generous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only post pictures I take. I'd love to be able to use my pictures for my own book covers, but I never seem to get the pictures I want. Oh well. I need to clean up my blog, too. Hope you have a good week, Giles.

    ReplyDelete