Monday, January 02, 2012

Patience

I can be rather impatient at times.  It's not a curse, it's just something I have to learn to control.  I really want to start querying again, but the final part of my rewrites have yet to receive a review from my crit. group.  I know any changes I make will be minimal, so I want to skip this part and move back to the querying stage again.

But I'm going to be patient.  I sent the rewrites to my crit. group, and I'm going to wait to send out my pages until I've made any changes that need to be made.  In the mean time, I'm going to tackle the continuity issues that need to be fixed as a result of my rewrites.

So how about all of you?  How does impatience affect your life?  How do you maintain control of your decisions to make sure impatience doesn't snowball you?

1 comment:

  1. I get impatient all the time, but I control it well. I see my kids impatient, always wanting things right at the moment. Instant gratification is the norm now. Things are so easy to get fast, but the best things are worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete