Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Charity of the Month: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Rather than putting together my own, clumsy description of our charity this month, I'm going to direct you to St. Jude's Quick Facts page.

This isn't the first cancer treatment charity I've advocated here, and I'm sure it won't be the last.  As a young man with friends who have small children, this is something I've started to think about, though.  It breaks my heart to hear about children who have been diagnosed with cancer.  I couldn't imagine being a parent who has to go through that, but with St. Jude and other hospitals like them, I would have hope for my child's survival.

Groups like St. Jude are why I give to charities.  I have something that will help other people (in this case, a small amount money that I can set aside to give every month).  I want these organizations to continue to help the people who need them.  I never want to be faced with the necessity of going to a group like St. Jude for help, but it brings me comfort to know that they're available.

So please go donate to St. Jude and help bring a child some hope.

2 comments:

  1. I'm particulary touched by this month's choice. I had a dear coworker who's son was diagnosed with cancer as a toddler. Sadly, as hard as he fought, he lost his battle. St. Jude was one of the places he was able to get help and treatment and they were wonderful to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good friend who has a nephew with leukemia. I love this charity choice. St. Jude is a fantastic organization filled with people with huge warm loving hearts.

    ReplyDelete