Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Decisions to Make

I have a day off from the Day Job!  That means I SHOULD clean the bathroom.  But I have a headache.  When that goes away, I'll get to chores that I've put off for far too long.  Until then, I get to start a new book!

As I said last week, I'm back into the querying stage for my "finished" book (finished until agents and/or editors tell me to change it).  That means I need to get a new book in the works.  Yes, I'm still working on that short story, but I don't get entire days off all that often.  I can jump back to the short in the morning before I have to go in to the Day Job.  But It'll take me a long time to start a new book if I don't take advantage of the free time I have today.

So the decision I have to make today is: which book do I write?  I want to go back to the characters from DEFENDER OF THE CROWN and write a new book (an entire reboot of the story).  But I ALSO want to write that YA Romance.  Now, the market will be open to romance novels for the foreseeable future.  And I'm not writing the book to "write to the market."  I REALLY want to write it.

But I REALLY want to write my other book!  I love both of these ideas.  I just don't know which one to choose.

I have until my coffee is done brewing to make up my mind.

And don't get me wrong: I'm not complaining.  This situation doesn't arise very often for me.  I just don't know how to handle it.

5 comments:

  1. Tough decisions. I've had the same problem. Good luck with your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a decision. I'm going with the DEFENDER characters. I don't think I could create a quality romance, yet. I still need to do more research in that department :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for not cleaning the bathroom and going to do the romance research. :) Sounds like so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with Defender! Tough choice, I'm sure, but at least it's a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to tell you to go with Defender. You love the characters, you KNOW the characters, so do that one. You'll have a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete