Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How To Die Young Without Even Trying

Short answer: get my job.  Long answer, carry tons and TONS of aluminum in the sun.

On Monday, I had to head over to an old Air-force hanger that's been turned into an aviation museum.  You see, a client of ours rented a bunch of bases and pipes for an event over the weekend.  Normally these pipes would be used to hang drape, and it's not really something that gets ordered in this volume unless there are professionals setting it up.

Not only were there no professionals (aside from myself), there weren't even any volunteers.  So after the client finished with the equipment on Saturday, they took it down and set it next to the door at the museum.  I spent two hours lugging that stuff from the museum to my truck.  In the sun.  After making two other stops earlier that day.

Needless to say, I was exhausted by the end of the day.

That wasn't really a normal day, but I get those often enough that I never have to join a gym.  What almost killed me, though, was the handful of deadlines that I missed.  I had a very stressful weekend with some distressing news and a LOVELY wife who got sick.  All of that stress built up and gave me a panic attack in the middle of my Monday.

In the end, everything worked out alright.  I'm alive, I accomplished most of what needed to be done, and I'm REALLY going to be able to pay my bills this month.

But if you're looking for a way to lose weight in a hurry, gimme a call and I'll see if there are some opportunities for you to put your health on the line for almost no money at all!

2 comments:

  1. Emily Hash2:30 PM

    Oh please don't die. It would send me into a panic attack. ;)
    ~The LOVELY sick wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 PM

    Interesting

    ReplyDelete