Monday, April 16, 2012

Reapers Invading? I'm Listening!

Yesterday I had a day off.  It was great.  My wife and I sat around and relaxed ALL DAY!  When I went to be last night, I had a great idea for a blog post that I planned to write when I got up, but I can't remember what it was.  Why?  Because I only got about two and a half or three hours of fitful, light sleep.

You see, when I wasn't playing Mass Effect 3 yesterday, Emily and I watched Frasier on Netflix.  So last night, my not-even-remotely-tired brain decided to jump back and forth between scenes from ME3 and Frasier.  As I started to doze off, they would overlap in weird ways that made me wonder why Frasier was on the Normandy, fighting with Niles over some wine club or art show.  Of course, as soon as my brain asked that question, my eyes would shoot open and I would remember that I had to get up in the morning to write.

By 2 this morning, I gave up on that idea and reset my alarm to go off at 6:30 instead of 5.  By 3, I was very glad that I made that decision because I had to unload a semi-trailer today.  A chore that can be quite dangerous with no sleep.  Needless to say, I didn't drive the forklift.

But I still have this craving to watch Frasier, play ME3, and as tired as I am, I REALLY want to get pastries, coffee, and chips.  Potato chips AND Doritos.  I guess I'll have to "settle" with the AWESOME chicken-noodle soup that my wife made last night.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I'm dying laughing here. Since I don't play games - ducking from the tossed squeeze toy - I'm guessing Normandy is like a space ship from Mass Effect 3. So I'm picturing Frazier and Niles going at it in their Brooks Brothers or Jos A Bank styled space suits debating who has the more sensitive pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love Fraiser. I can only imagine the fun they had in your head last night. Get some good rest, though. No hurting yourself.

    ReplyDelete