Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

For those of you who don't know, both of my grandfathers served in the US Military.  My sister-in-law is currently serving with the Navy's 5th fleet, a good friend is out in Germany with the Army, and two other friends are in the Army reserves.

This holiday means a lot to me.  My friends and family made huge sacrifices to serve this country, and I'm proud of them.

So take a moment to remember the men and women who served our country.  Thousands of lives have been lost to give us the freedoms that many take for granted, here.

If you're in the military, I thank you for what you do!

2 comments:

  1. The Wife9:17 PM

    Thank you sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Giles. I think many forget what the day means in the wake of all the barbecues and such.

    ReplyDelete