Monday, May 14, 2012

Vlogging

So I meant to put together a vlog for today.  Unfortunately, vlogging is genuinely difficult.  Not very difficult, but it does require more planning than I expected.

I've put together a few updates on video format before, but I've never used that approach for a writing topic.  I wanted to discuss how to keep track of large casts of characters as you write your novel, and I didn't put together any notes.

When I sit down to write a blog, I often free-form my way through the post, going back to edit when I'm done, and then I simply post it.  But with this topic, I found that making a video would require an outline of notes, some slides to put up for viewers to take notes, and then several takes to ensure a decent post.  I didn't have the time for any of that stuff this weekend.  And I REFUSE to put up a video post that isn't up to my standards.  To be honest, they're not ridiculously high standards, but I want the video to come out well.  I don't want to throw some crap up and hope you like it.

So instead, I'm writing about vlogging.  I'm going to put together that vlog at some point, but right now I have a synopsis to edit as I get free time.

Wednesday will come with an announcement, so I'll see you then!

1 comment:

  1. You mentioned the painful word, "synopsis"

    *shudder*

    Good luck on the edits and look forward to Wednesday's announcement.

    ReplyDelete