Monday, June 25, 2012

Caving In

Home-ownership is a pain sometimes.  The woman who owns the condo upstairs from us is remodeling.  Something happened when the contractors installed the new toilet in the guest bathroom, and Friday night found me scrambling to get someone on the phone to stop the water from leaking down through our ceiling.  We got a hold of the condo's owner, she called her contractor, and he came out to fix the problem lickety-split.

I THOUGHT the problem was solved, but then Sunday rolled around and the leak was back.  Worse than two days earlier.  So now I feel like my ceiling is falling in (which is me being melodramatic), and I'm starting to have some home-owner regrets.

I love my home, and I'm glad I live there, but with leaks and the parking permits being forced on us by the HOA, sometimes I wish we'd saved up for a real house.  But, as most of you know, that comes with its OWN set of problems.

So today is VENT day.  Just let it all out.  Tell me what annoys the crap out of you, why you're irritated with life in general.  We'll hold a pity-party and then move on :)

5 comments:

  1. My husband and I own a townhouse, so I feel your pain. The HOA stuff is annoying, and we've said many time we'll never again buy a house that comes with HOA. Yuck! Good luck with your leaking issues. Hope they can fix it once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOAs suck. They're taking away our parking spaces, and I'm pretty sure they might be in violation of ADA regulations with the new permit rules. But there's not much I can do to fight it because most of the other members are in favor of these new rules :P

      Delete
  2. I HATE wet socks. With a passion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wet socks are annoying.

      Delete
  3. Hi Giles -- what's annoying me the most is this dry hot air...I think my skin is starting to crackle. As soon as I complain about it, I feel guilty because I remember all the firefighters out there in Colorado and other states who are battling the flames in their heavy gear....

    ReplyDelete