Friday, June 08, 2012

Linky-Dinks for Writers to Think

Today, I have three blog posts for you to read.  You should read ALL of them.

My good friend, Todd Newton, has an interview and a book he thinks you should read.  Check it out here.

Kiersten White has a post that EVERY writer should read, especially if you want to get more than entertainment out of your TV.  Seriously, this post changed how I look at my own writing.

And Chiseled in Rock, the RMFW blog, has a great post about e-readers.

Have a great weekend.  I'll see you Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Woo, hey thanks for the mention. I read KW's post and found it interesting, except for the part where she used LOST as an example of "what not to do." I think LOST proves that if you can make your story compelling enough, no one really cares how meandering and nonsensical it gets. Personally I can't stand LOST, but it is seriously one of the most popular shows in history. Definitely disagree with her "don't do this" advice, but I understand her point (and wouldn't try to do what they did... ever). Whatever made LOST work, it worked incredibly well. If the show had been a miserable failure, then yeah her point would be 100% valid. As it stands, her point is about 75% valid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm with you, there.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking to Chiseled in Rock blog, Giles. We appreciate that a whole bunch.

    ReplyDelete