Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Charity of the Month: Your Home

For a long time I've believed that charity doesn't stop at far-off organizations that take my money to communities I may never see.  I think charity should start with the people I care about.  I have a friend who is struggling in this economy, and there aren't any organizations that can help him out of his current situation.

That gave me the idea for this month's charity: your home.  I want to encourage all of you to find someone in your neighborhood, maybe where you work, or somewhere you spend a lot of time.  If there's anything you can do to ease their struggles, please do it.  It may not fix their problems, but I've seen how much a little kindness can help someone in need.  And a little bit goes a very long way!

1 comment:

  1. If we could only do this much more often as a society, it would be seen as what it is and not disparaged for what it isn't. Sorry for commenting in riddles, just the way the thought came to me :-)

    ReplyDelete