Monday, August 27, 2012

Fun Stuff for September!

I'm excited for some of the stuff I have going on next month.  Including the contest that will begin at some point (announcement on Friday).  We have a new charity that will be up on Monday (next week), and I'm going to start writing the manuscript for a new book!  My sci-fi short inspired me to write a spin-off novel, and I'm almost done outlining that.  I'm going to jump back and forth between two WiPs at this point.  That should keep me pretty busy :D.

Next week, The Wifey and I will be brewing our second ever batch of beer!  And I'm selling my snowboard to buy new equipment for this hobby.  (Honestly, I'd love to go snowboarding again, but it's just way too expensive, especially since I'd have to take time away from writing AND my day job.  So brewing will be my new hobby.)

I also have a writing conference next weekend.  And that's SUPER exciting.  I met some awesome people there last year, and I signed up to have an editor critique the first ten pages of The Dragon's Nephew.  I'm nervous about that, and it may force me to make some tough decisions, but I'm ready to learn from the experience!  I'm also going to pitch to an agent (not sure who, just yet, but they're all great agents!).

I can't remember what I have going on later in the month, but I'm sure it'll be great.  And I'm looking forward to reading submissions for the contest!

Have a great week.  Let me know if you have something fun lined up in the near future.  I'll see you Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff for September for me: Colorado Gold Writer's Conference, Bear Chase Half Marathon!

    Training and writing (and the day job) are taking up all my time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the very best with the conference and the new hobby. Don't know much about brewing, but microbrewing seems to be catching on.

    ReplyDelete