Friday, October 12, 2012

Book Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Endlessly is the final book in Kiersten White's debut trilogy.  As with my other reviews, I won't spoil the story for you.  But I will say that Evie's unique and engaging voice is as strong as ever!

The narrative is excellent, and the world is vivid.  Throughout the story, White draws in the reader with a not-so-subtle humor that makes even the most serious and heart-throb-filled-with-excitement moments soothing and easy to read.  The tension never eases enough to make the book boring, but it never reaches a peak that made me want to set it aside.  In fact, I stayed up WAY too late some nights because I couldn't put it down!

This book didn't follow the standard pattern that I'm used to (the pattern found in most popular novels).  I still don't know if I think that's a bad thing, but since the book left me with a satisfied ending, it's not really something to complain about.

In fact, the only complaint I might have is that the ending is very abrupt.  The plot comes to a conclusion, and then the story ends.  And that's it.  Nothing afterward to fill in any the details about where the characters go.  White has a great explanation for not including those details, but I do wish something was thrown in to indicate where the characters might end up.

But all in all, I recommend this book as highly as her other two.  Go pick up the trilogy, and enjoy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment