Friday, November 09, 2012

I'm a MAN!

I did plumbing work around the house this week.  And it was successful!  That's right: this MAN can change out plumbing fixtures in his own house.  Without professional help.

Sure, it took three trips to the hardware store over the course of four hours, but I did it.  And it makes me proud.  I keep proving to myself that I really am an adult.  I don't know how I feel about that, but the longer I live, the more secure in my adulthood I become.

It took me a while to get to that point (though it happened years ago).  But one morning, I looked around, realized I was in charge of my own life, responsible for someone else (my wife–but not in a dominant way–I just mean that my choices have to be made with her in mind), and my choices are bettering my life.

So what do you do, or what have you done, that makes you feel like a MAN or a WOMAN!??!  This is a time to brag.  Be proud of your success.  And success that is achieved without help from anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you, Giles! That is great. I work to pay the bills, take the kids to karate, library...now, that I think of it, I'd rather be a kid again. This adult stuff is too tiring.

    ReplyDelete