Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Beer, Beer, BEER!

To regular readers, I'm sure it's no surprise that I like beer.  I brew beer, I drink beer, and I cook with beer.  It's better than wine for getting unique, broad (or narrow) profiles of flavor.  And it's cheaper, too!

That's not to say beer is "cheap."  High quality craft beer can start as low as $8 a six-pack.  And that's not to say Coors or Bud are "bad," it's all about preference.  And I've found GREAT beer that cost upwards of $15 for a single 750 ml bottle.

Now to my point: I'm making chili tomorrow with BEER!  I've never done this before, and I'm tired of the flavor whiskey gives my chili.  I always improvise my chili recipe, and that'll continue until I find a recipe I really like.  But I'm starting with Guinness Black Lager.  I'm not sure how it'll taste, but I'm excited.

Hopefully, I'll get to brew again soon.  And one of these days I'm going to actually sit down and tell all of you about my brew day.

Have a great couple of days.  See you Friday!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment