Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve!

My wife's family is here for Christmas Eve!  We're doing Christmas with everyone tomorrow: Roast Lamb with sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and lots of other good stuff.  Which brings me back.  Way back.

*Harp Music Plays*

Cold egg nog, hot chocolate, the aroma of baking pie, sweet potatoes with the tiny marshmallows on top, all waft through the house.  The grandparents smile down on my brothers, cousins, and myself.  We have gifts in front of us, but I have to wait.  We open them one at a time, youngest to oldest.  And I'm the oldest child.

But I don't mind.  We're all excited, and I expect a new video game for my SNES.  And I have egg nog.  Grandma just brought out the hot apple cider, and wreath cookies (made from frosted flakes, green-dyed marshmallows, and red-hots) adorn the fancy cookie tray.  I reach for one while my little brother opens some present or another.

Life is great, and memories of more Christmases flood my mind.  I'm excited for the years to come.

And I'm Hungry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment