Friday, December 28, 2012

Five Years

Five years ago today I married the most wonderful woman in the world.  While I have the misfortune of having to nurse her to health on our anniversary, I still love her and cherish the opportunity to show her every single day!

When we got married, both of us were very different.  She was half way through her first year as a teacher, and I was struggling to write a book while pretending to go to college (though I kept a 4.0 while in classes!).

Five years later, she's a great teacher with tons of confidence and a lot of success helping students advance in their education!  And I threw out that book I was writing, but not before learning a LOT about how to write a book, how to pitch a book, and how to move forward no matter what.

So today I just want to say: I love you, Emily, and every single day is an absolute treasure to be with you!

(Sorry to all my other readers who may find this sappy.)

4 comments:

  1. Poo on sappy. This is beautiful!

    Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. Through sickness and health, richer or poorer and (through spurts of writing and not writing ), may your love continue as strong, if not stronger with the years to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had my fifth anniversary on the 17th! Happy five years to you! (I don't usually use exclamation points but apparently this occasion called for it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sappy! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best writers are able to express emotion in ways that readers glimpse a bit of themselves. You have warmed more hearts than just those in your home with this post. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete