Friday, December 07, 2012

Grilled Cheese with Jelly

I know, it sounds about as weird as hotdogs with peanut sauce, but I swear, it's one of the best comfort foods OF ALL TIME!

I'm not talking about a Monte Cristo, either.  Though those are great.  This is just a simple sandwich made from two pieces of bread, lightly buttered, with a couple of slices of your favorite cheese.  Once it's grilled up, nice and gooey, get your favorite jelly, jam, or preserves (mine is raspberry preserves, with the seeds still in it!), and cover the top of the sandwich.

Believe it or not, it's still great with tomato soup.

Oh, and if you have a quirky character that needs an odd food to eat in a book you're writing, feel free to make them eat that!  :D

Happy Friday, have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I think I will just take your word for it's deliciousness :-)

    Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete