Monday, February 18, 2013

Personal Improvement

Yesterday, the Wifey and I signed up for our first ever gym membership.  Personally, since my supervisor made everything at work smoother and less labor-intensive, I've had a hard time maintaining stamina and getting physical exercise.  Yes, the shop runs more efficiently, but I have the beginning stages of a spare tire, dang it, and I want it gone!  So the Wifey and I are going to head to the gym at least three days a week to work out and make ourselves physically fit.

In other news, I'm writing a new short story.  Originally, I'd planned on making my cool-down break only a few days long, but since I have reading to do for my critique group, when I'm not working on their projects, I'm going to put together a short story to try to sell to a periodical.  When that's done, I'll start my revisions of the current WiP.

This story falls under the personal improvement category because I think I finally understand the theory behind how and why to write very short stories.  And I want to see if that's something I DO grasp.  I want to try my hand at it.  Wrap my brain around the concepts.  See if I can create a story worth selling.

It's a lot to push for, but I think I'm up to the task.

What about you?  What are your personal improvement goals or tasks?  They don't have to be big, just something tiny, like trying to smile at that one person who rubs you the wrong way.

1 comment:

  1. Right now almost the same as you. I want something published. So I'm going for short stories right now.

    ReplyDelete