Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Craziness of Life

The days between my last post and this have all been very long, and mostly exciting. Friday, I had several things going on that, for the sake of protecting several peoples' privacy, I won't mention. But it required a lot of research during my free time, taking away from my blogging.

Saturday was a ton of fun since The Wifey and I went out to lunch with a couple of friends. We enjoyed the great food and beer at one of the Oskar Blues pubs up in Longmont, CO. If you're ever in the area, check them out!

Now for the fun stuff! I brewed my first batch of all-grain beer on Sunday. It was a LOT of fun, and so much more satisfying than dumping sugar-syrup into a pot to boil it for an hour. I got to design my own recipe, mash the grains in my own pre-heated water, extract the sugars from said grains, and then boil them on a schedule I set! On Friday, I'll put together a blog post on my brew day. For those of you who are interested.

Monday, I planned on writing a blog post. But then I checked the news on my lunch break. For those of you who know what happened in Boston, you can understand my distraction. I didn't want to waste anyone's time with my ramblings on such a tragic day, so I kept quiet.

Overall, my life is moving forward. Bills are getting paid, critique group pages are getting read, and revisions are transforming my WiP at a slow but steady pace. Other than that, not much to report.

So, as I said, check back Friday for a Brew Day walkthrough!

No comments:

Post a Comment