Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Random Wednesday of Randomness

Some day I'll come up with clever things to blog about. Eventually. Until that day, I'll try to regale you with ideas running around in my head.

Querying is actually kinda fun this time around. Yes, it's stressful, and yes, I compulsively check my email. But I'm enjoying the process in a way that I never have before. I think it's because I like this book so much more than my last few.

And I think it's important to enjoy what you write. I understand that a few writers get stuck writing a series that they absolutely hate (รก la Tarzan) simply because the market won't tolerate anything else, but that shouldn't stop a writer from finding joy in their work.

I think that's why I'm liking this book, still. That and it's still early in the process. I haven't received tons and tons of rejections. I'm not "demoralized" by "failure." But I have higher hopes for this project and realistic expectations of what comes next.

I don't know what comes after the queries all go out simply because I can't see the future or read the minds of agents. But I DO know that I'm going to start writing a new book soon. I'm already working on ideas. It's just a matter of time before I sit down and start plotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment