Monday, September 16, 2013

The Next Project

When the first project is finished, it's important to move to a new project. As quickly as possible. That doesn't mean that the current project is tossed aside, but I've wasted a lot of time querying one book and doing nothing else.

To be fair, I didn't know what I was doing when it came to querying and get my book out there, so it wasn't ALL a waste. But now I have a better idea of what I'm doing. It's important for me to start something new while I work on getting my current project out into the world.

The problem I'm running into right now is that I don't know where to begin. I don't have writer's block, or anything, I'm just feeling a bit disorganized. Cluttered. Distracted. I can't decide if I want to write another sci-fi, go back to fantasy, do something more modern (like urban fantasy or near-future), or even which age group I should write for.

I don't want to waste any time. So I'm not giving up. I'm going to push through this brief "downtime" in my brainspace, and I encourage every one of you to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Free write/stream of conscious write for a few minutes! That'll help, I promise!

    ReplyDelete