Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Charity of the Month: Samaritan's Purse US Disaster Relief

As pretty much everyone knows, my home state was plagued by some serious flooding last month. We're still cleaning up the damage, and one of my favorite charities is helping! Samaritan's Purse has a great work ethic, the majority of your donation goes DIRECTLY to the disaster relief rather than getting sent back to fundraising efforts. And it helps people recover from a terrible life-experience.

Fortunately for me, no one I know had any serious loss due to these storms. But I know two people who were directly affected in minor ways, and they have friends and neighbors who suffered the spectrum from minor home-damage to total loss. It breaks my heart to hear these stories, and that's why I want to help.

And I'm asking everyone who can help to dig deep and help where you can.

Thanks, and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment