Monday, November 04, 2013

Book Review: A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Ms. Revis did it again! Personally, I liked this book better than the first, mostly because I felt more familiar with the world. Listening to audio books is a great way to get caught up on all those books I "have" to read because I really want to but don't have time. But with Revis, sitting down with the book in hand felt so much more rewarding.

The story itself is a direct continuation of Across the Universe, so if you haven't read that one, yet, don't start with this one. You'll be TOTALLY lost.

The first book had an overarching murder mystery woven through the story, but this one follows a different track. There are a few mysteries in the plot, but the main conflict focusses more on the future of the ship where the characters currently reside. Personally, I really like the fact that Ms. Revis did something different with her second book, rather than making a clone of the first book with different character names. It advances the overall plot of the trilogy and it kept me engaged from beginning to end!

Any book that keeps me awake past my "bedtime" is something I think deserves high praise. It sucked me in more than the last book and made me more excited for the NEXT book than the last one did for this book.

All in all, Revis has kept me engaged through two fantastic novels, and I think you're doing yourself a disservice by NOT going out to get them right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment