Monday, January 20, 2014

Big Things!

I have SO many things I want to talk about, but I CAN'T! Secrecy is important.

Which might make some people wonder why I'm even bothering with this blog post. Well, that's because it gives me the opportunity to discuss the importance of discretion.

I know. Tons of people (including myself) talk about this topic all the time. But that's because it's important. If you plan on putting yourself out on the internet, shining a spotlight on yourself, you need to make sure that parts of your life remain private. This isn't simply about figuring out how much to share, it's vital that some things STAY PRIVATE.

Sure, bowel movements are definitely inappropriate topics to discuss. At all times. All times.

I can't express this enough. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE SIZE AND SHAPE OF YOUR POOP! NO ONE! So keep it off the web.

More importantly, if you're (for example) getting ready to publish a book, parts of your contract are confidential. What does that mean? It means DON'T SHARE IT. Be discreet.

There are details that can be shared in time, and keeping those secrets (while teasing them) is actually a great way to build excitement and generate interest. And in the case of book contracts, it can keep you from getting in a lot of trouble with your publisher.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not working on a book contract. I'm actually working on...

1 comment: