Friday, February 07, 2014

Great Food: Chili

A few years ago, I shared my first chili recipe with all (three) of my readers. Over the years, that recipe has changed a lot. It's more complex, has a broader range of flavors, and tastes SO much better. To the point where I get super excited about chili day at my house!

So here's what you need:

1 lb. of Ground Beef (Hamburger), browned
1 can of Chili Beans
1 can of Kidney Beans
1 cup of Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup of Tomato Paste
1 cup of Diced Tomatoes
1-1 & 1/2 cup of Frozen Corn
1-2 Diced JalapeƱos (remove seeds and ribs for a milder chili, leave them in if you like hot chili)
1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 cup of Diced Onion
1-2 Tbsp of Chili Powder
1/4 tsp of Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
1 14 oz. can of Beef Broth (or chicken if you don't have beef)
1 cup of Wild Turkey Kentucky Bourbon

Mix all of the ingredients in a slow cooker, cook on Low for 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment