Friday, February 14, 2014

Great Food: SPAM 'N Eggwich

My best friend and I joke around a lot, and we both love great food. He's actually a chef and makes some of the best food I've ever eaten. But we both love a childhood classic: the SPAM 'N Eggwich. It makes us laugh, and we love to tell everyone else around us when we're discussing this savory meal that "You know you grew up poor when the SPAM 'N Eggwich is one of the best meals you've ever eaten."

So cringe if you must, but if you enjoy great flavor try this recipe:

1 slice (approximately 1/8" thick) of SPAM—MUST BE SPAM! EXCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!
1 egg, scrambled
1 slice cheddar cheese
1 english muffin, toasted
Salt and Pepper Egg to taste (though you won't need much salt because the SPAM has plenty)

Throw the SPAM on a skillet. Get a light sear on both sides (slightly brown and warm to the touch since SPAM is pre-cooked).

Scramble the egg is SPAM runnings. If there's not enough, add a thin slice of butter. When the egg is almost done cooking, scoop it together to make sure it remains in a smallish circle shape.

On the english muffin, stack eggs, then SPAM, then cheese, then top of the muffin.

And enjoy your freaking heart out!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like mine with a dippy egg. The best ever I think I will make me one now.

    ReplyDelete